Audio Programming into with C++ (pt. 1)

• First, I apologize if this is against the rules because it is kind of about a specific library (i also use libsndfile :P) but I have found almost no tutorials about using libsoundio or some of the other libraries and since I recently cracked how to use it, I thought it would be a good for other people who were in the same scenario and struggling to understand this basic audio programming.Xnxx Chaturbate
    Xvideos
    Anyways, lets get into it. First, I would like to point out that this is not something you can probably just pick up if you are learning programming (sorry if that is another rule broken) and you should know at least the basics of C/C++ as well as a basic understanding of how audio works.

• Mod

You appear to have forgotten the part of your message that is the message!?

• Mod

a) This is a German forum. That's not to say your efforts go unappreciated, but you would certainly hit a wider target audience in a popular English-speaking community. Subsequent discussion is likely to fall back to German.
    b) If you're keen on elucidating specific libraries you're advised to write a comprehensive (i.e. complete) article, find an appropriate place (like an english blog) to publish it and then perhaps link it in places like this.
    c) This article appears niche. Why not contact the authors of said library and ask for their suggestions/whether they have an old tutorial lying around/etc.?

• Gesperrt

Don't worry about breaking rules. This board is not very noob friendly. Keep cool, just ask and ignore the hatred.

@black77 sagte in Audio Programming into with C++ (pt. 1):

Anyways, lets get into it. First, I would like to point out that this is not something you can probably just pick up if you are learning programming (sorry if that is another rule broken) and you should know at least the basics of C/C++ as well as a basic understanding of how audio works.

Music and computers meet at the bit-level. Digitisation is transformation of physical data into a stream of bits. Therefore, C and C++ are good choice if you want to do sound manipulation, because both languages are designed to do low-level digital stuff in a very efficient manner.

I personally prefer C over C ++. It is something more "low level" in my opinion.

• Mod

@RBS2 sagte in Audio Programming into with C++ (pt. 1):

Don't worry about breaking rules. This board is not very noob friendly. Keep cool, just ask and ignore the hatred.

This is not about asking a question, but posting educational material. That's inappropriate here for the reasons I already outlined, and would be more so if the author is a 'noob', as you proclaim. Also, don't discard comments of moderators as 'hatred'.

@black77 sagte in Audio Programming into with C++ (pt. 1):

Music and computers meet at the bit-level.

Not necessarily; in fact, not all computers are even digital.

Digitisation is transformation of physical data into a stream of bits.

I think it's more about sampling continuous data. The fact that we apply that method to data primarily from the physical domain is peripheral.

Therefore, C and C++ are good choice if you want to do sound manipulation, because both languages are designed to do low-level digital stuff in a very efficient manner.

... which has the premise that the person wishing to perform this manipulation is so desperately in need of performance, that they'd sacrifice every other metric of productivity and efficacy 👌

I personally prefer C over C ++. It is something more "low level" in my opinion.

Are you trolling?

• Gesperrt

@Columbo sagte in Audio Programming into with C++ (pt. 1):

I already outlined, and would be more so if the author is a 'noob', as you proclaim. Also, don't discard comments of moderators as 'hatred'.

He wrote about someone who wants to learn programming and how to do audio programming at the same time. This sounds pretty nooby, indeed. Nevertheless, I have no problem with noobs, in contrast to some other guys sneaking around here ...

Stop kidding, bro. Nearly all of us use digital electronic computers today. That may change some day, but not so fast.

Do you think that analog computing will reemerge soon? I would appreciate, but don't believe it.

Are you trolling?

Not at all! 🐱

• Mod

@RBS2 sagte in Audio Programming into with C++ (pt. 1):

I already outlined, and would be more so if the author is a 'noob', as you proclaim. Also, don't discard comments of moderators as 'hatred'.

He wrote about someone who wants to learn programming and how to do audio programming at the same time. This sounds pretty nooby, indeed. Nevertheless, I have no problem with noobs, in contrast to some other guys sneaking around here ...

If you don't have a problem with noobs, how about you stop calling them a pejorative? lol

Stop kidding, bro. Nearly all of us use digital electronic computers today. That may change some day, but not so fast.

That doesn't change the fact that your statement was useless.

• Gesperrt

That doesn't change the fact that your statement was useless.

It wasn't. The OP explicitly mentioned C and C++ in conjunction with sound programming.

Do you know how non-digital C/C++ could work? If you do, you'll probably be a candidate for the next big science price. 😂

• Mod

is the kind of stuff I would expect to see in a 9th grade computer science book chapter introduction. Spare us the kindergarden poetry. Thanks.

• Gesperrt

is the kind of stuff I would expect to see in a 9th grade computer science book chapter introduction.

You'll see this when it comes to DA/AD conversion, Bro. Regardless of school grades, it's a fundamental principle necessary for today's computing devices to deal with the outer world. D is for digital, but the world is non-digital (A). Never forget that!

Anmelden zum Antworten