Linux Kernel Developer (w/m)
JobAmbitionGmbH last edited by
Our client is a team of software developers brought together by their enthusiasm for creating the best possible embedded systems. They are full-stack developers working on real-time, connectivity, mobile, and back-end projects. Customers consult them for two main reasons: when they feel their project is "impossible," and if they expect the highest level of quality and reliability in their software development. The result speaks for itself: today the software runs in millions of cars. ESR Labs is a company founded by software developers for software developers. The goal is to create a work environment in which programmers can thrive. Working at E.S.R. Labs means you will experience a diverse set of projects, with the chance to work with a wide range of technologies and the freedom to explore new ways of doing things. Currently we are looking for you in the role of a performance-driven
Linux Kernel Developer (m/f) in Munich/Kulmbach (Germany)
For this role you can choose where to build your career with us in Germany: At our exciting offices in the Neue Balan “Campus of Ideas” in wonderful Munich, ranked as one of the world’s most liveable and interesting cities. Or you can join us at our smaller office in beautiful Kulmbach.
What does your work life look like with us?
As Linux Kernel Developer, you are involved in very demanding projects especially in the field of Car Sharing, Connected Car (Connected Gateway) or Connectivity. You adapt the Linux Kernel and bootloader. Under safety-critical points you correct safety gaps. Therefore, you keep yourself up to date about safety-relevant topics. Furthermore, you backport Linux upstream device drivers for usage on older kernels.
What we expect from you? Required:
• Initial working experience in Linux Kernel Development gained as intern or working student
• Excellent development experience in C
• Good understanding of architectures
• Willingness and interest to deal with operating systems especially Linux
• Fluent English language skills
What we expect from you? Desired:
• Completed degree in Information Technology or comparable education
• Good software development experience in C++ and/or Java, also possible as contributor in private (open source) projects
• Know-how in network protocols like TCP/IP, CAN or Ethernet
• Good knowledge in ARM processors and low level programming
• Enthusiasm and interest in modern programming languages
• Good German language skills
What you can expect from us
• Diverse and interesting tasks
• Co-workers with expert-level knowledge
• Exciting and motivating work environment
• Projects which will challenge you to excel
• Flexible work-hour models
• Freedom to choose your own setup: you select the equipment and tools you want to work with
• The chance to have fun and learn new things at our regular hackathons, programming challenges and hands-on workshops
• Exciting foosball matches, fresh fruit every day and excellent coffee
Our vision: Leave a fingerprint in the software industry!