C / C++ / Linux - Software Developer (m/w/d) - Aachen
nurf zuletzt editiert von
Cognex is a global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision, with 2000 employees in offices worldwide. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” are passionate about solving the most difficult vision problems and get to work with others who take their work seriously, but don't take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes achievement and dedication with unique rewards and celebrations.
This position is in the ID Products business unit, responsible for creating the most sophisticated industrial barcode readers in the world. We combine custom hardware, specialized lighting and optics, and world-class vision algorithms to create embedded systems that can find and read high-density symbols on package labels or marked directly on a variety of industrial parts, including aircraft engines, electronics substrates, and pharmaceutical test equipment. Our devices need to read hundreds of codes per second, so the team needs to optimize hardware and software altogether to create best in class technology.
You will work on our product development teams, building your toolbox of software development, key technology and customer application knowledge. You will collaborate with our multi-nation development teams and get exposure to challenging problems involving both software development and testing. Working on a heterogeneous multi-core system you will ensure that sensors and other hardware components interact on a system designed for real-time applications with a high demand for reliability.
• Create drivers for new sensors (optical & lighting), improve process communication, integrate networking protocols, etc.
• Debug and troubleshoot in a hardware and software environment on heterogeneous multi-core systems.
• Ensure a robust and high-quality product by developing test automation.
• Support and communicate with Cognex customers and internal teams.
• Occasional travel to the USA or Hungary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience writing C code required. Experience in C++ code highly desired.
• Verbal and written fluency in English required.
• Interest or project work experience desired with
o - Embedded Linux / Kernel development
o - Networking, wireless communications, and sensors
o - Scrum, clean code, test development, bug tracking
• High energy and motivated learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Minimum education and work experience required:
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
• Work experience from student jobs, open source projects or other projects desired.
SW Developer - Senior or Principal Developers are welcome to apply as well
Looking for another kind of job?
Cognex Job Portal